Notifications
Clear all

Migrating a SR Raid 0 from a High Sierra 2009 Mac Pro to Catalina using OWC Mercury Elite Pro Dual

(@afcdmc)
Active Member Customer

Hi I tried to Migrate a Raid 0 Soft Raid disks from the internal Mac Pro 2009 drive bays to use in an iMac 2020 using a
OWC Mercury Elite Pro Dual but I get a Drive not recognize error!!  I tried using the Individual and the Raid 0 switch in the
OWC Mercury Elite Pro Dual and in individual mode I get 2 pop up windows and with the Raid 0 switch I get only one!!  I have Installed Soft Raid in the 2020 iMac.  Any ideas?  Does this is compatible or I need to back up the data and reformat the drives as Raid 0?  

Topic starter Posted : 10/09/2020 6:33 pm
(@softraid-support)
Member Admin

Put it back into the old Mac Pro and make sure the volume is OK still.

If it is, then you can try again.

Then make sure the Dual is set to "JBOD". You cannot mix hardware and Software RAID. I do not know in thi instance, but often hardware RAID overwrites parts of the disk to enable its 'features'. Hopefully not here.

Its also not obvious how to change the settings. read the manual carefully, you cannot change by just moving the switch that would cause accidental data loss, so we have a procedure that must be followed to activate a change in state.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/09/2020 11:38 pm
(@afcdmc)
Active Member Customer

@softraid-support Hi I just put it on the old computer and Softraid Can't see the Raid 0!!!  it shows question marks!!!  If there's a way that I can recover the data?? I haven't use the disk I think it was in the Mirror setting when I put in the Mercury Pro and I didn't realize it!!!  If there's a way I can recover the Data!!!! It is all there I just use the click ignore every time it came up?  PLEASE HELP!!!

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 11/09/2020 10:41 am
(@softraid-support)
Member Admin

Attach a SoftRAID tech support file and we can see if there is something we can do or not.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/09/2020 12:06 pm
(@afcdmc)
Active Member Customer

@softraid-support  Here it is!!!  Hope this can be solved!!

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 14/09/2020 8:30 am
(@softraid-support)
Member Admin

This is difficult, as the partition maps were wiped. I will ask engineering to take a look. If it is easy, we can do it if it is difficult, we may need the drives and there would be a charge.

Is this data not backed up at all?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/09/2020 2:15 pm
(@afcdmc)
Active Member Customer

@softraid-support Not all of the drive!! I have a backup of a folder but not the entire Raid!!  I haven't touched the drives since the incident!!!  Hope you can help!!!!  Thanks for the help!!

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 14/09/2020 3:04 pm
(@softraid-support)
Member Admin

We will let you know, probably tomorrow.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/09/2020 3:08 pm
(@afcdmc)
Active Member Customer

@softraid-support  Thanks!

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 14/09/2020 9:39 pm
(@afcdmc)
Active Member Customer

@softraid-support Any Updates? 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 16/09/2020 8:19 am
(@softraid-support)
Member Admin

I have not heard back from engineering. There is still a chance, I should know in the next day or so.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/09/2020 11:09 am
(@softraid-support)
Member Admin

Engineering is backlogged with other issues, so has not looked at this yet. Perhaps today.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/09/2020 11:11 am
Share:
close
open