SLOW RAID 5 with Mercury Elite Pro Quad
Getting an abysmal 26 MB/s Read / 18 MB/s Write (according to BMD Disk Speed Test) on a fairly fresh Mercury Elite Pro Quad configured as RAID 5. Here's what I know:
- 18 TB total capacity with about 7.8 TB free
- Previously fetched upwards of 300 MB/s read/write even after half-full
- Only about 2 months of use
- Mostly large video assets and related project files, and I've cleaned up a bunch since it started acting slow
- Tried different USB-C cables both directly to MacBook Pro and via my CalDigit TB3 dock
- Running SoftRAID XT's validation now but it's estimating about 300 hours or more til complete
You are probably using a Thunderbolt 3 cable. That would explain this.
use a USB C explicit cable and report back.
Thunderbolt 3 active cables do not support USB 3.1gen 2 if you can believe that.